Spring School 2016
April 25 - 29, 2016, Livorno, Italy
Trends, Applications and Challenges of Soft Robots
The second RoboSoft Spring School is part of the 2016 Soft Robotics Week, held in Livorno on April 25-29, 2016.
The School programme followed a combined lectures and practical sessions (hands on/technical skills training) format.
Invited speakers presented the technical and scientific issues related to the design and development of soft robots in different application fields and involved students to solve major challenges.
All the students participating in the School attended also the RoboSoft Plenary Meeting and the RoboSoft Grand Challenge.
List of topics:
- Soft robots legged locomotion
- Soft robots manipulation
- Underwater soft robots
- Biomimetic soft robotics platforms
- Wearable soft robots
- Flying soft robots
- Plant-inspired soft robots
- Micro-soft robots
- Assistive soft robots
- Soft robots in rehabilitation
- Soft robots in endoscopy
- Soft robotics prostheses and organs
- Edutainment soft robots
- Cecilia Laschi, RoboSoft Coordinator, The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy
- Fumiya Iida, University of Cambridge & ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Jonathan Rossiter, University of Bristol, UK
- Helmut Hauser, University of Bristol, UK
- Matteo Cianchetti, The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy
Venue and accommodation:
The event was held at the Grand Hotel Palazzo (Livorno, Italy).
The full program, the biographical sketch of the speakers, the abstract of the talks and information about the venue are available in the Soft Robotics Week Proceedings