Soft Robotics Week 2015
April 13-17, 2015, Livorno, Italy
The first Soft Robotics Week was held on April 13-17, 2015, in Livorno, Italy.
Up to 100 international leaders and talented students from 15 countries and 46 institutions worldwide, 16 speakers, 4 working groups of experts, a series of plenary and parallel brainstorming sessions, a PhD School with hands-on tutorials and robots exhibition, one interdisciplinary and growing community.
This was the first Soft Robotics Week.
International experts across multiple fields in the scientific community of soft robotics, industrial leaders, young researchers and students, met together to discuss current research activities and applications and to face future frontiers for the field of soft robotics.
The RoboSoft and SMART-E Joint School on “Applications and Frontiers of Soft Robotics” and the RoboSoft Plenary Meeting were the major scientific events.
List of Speakers:
- Cecilia Laschi, RoboSoft Coordinator, The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- Rolf Pfeifer, RoboSoft Advisory Board chair
- Barry Trimmer, Tufts University, Soft Robotics Editor In-Chief
- Benny Hochner, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Ruairi Glynn, Interactive Architecture Lab at University College London
- Paul Beardsley, Disney Research Zurich
- Moritz Bächer, Disney research Zurich
- Fumiya Iida, ETH Zurich
- Adam Stokes, The University of Edinburgh
- Antonio De Simone, SISSA International School for Advanced Studies, Triste, Italy
- Frédéric Boyer, Ecole des Mines de Nantes
- Christian Duriez, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique
- Giulia Tancredi, Innovative Startups Incubator of Polytechnique of Turin
- Matteo Cianchetti, The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- Francesco Giorgio-Serchi, The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- Espen Knoop, University of Bristol
Venue and accommodation:
The events took place at the Grand Hotel Palazzo (Livorno, Italy).
RoboSoft: A Coordination Action for Soft Robotics - FP7 ICT 2013.9.1 Future and Emerging Technologies FET Open
SMART-E: Sustainable Manufacturing through Advanced Robotics Training in Europe - FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN Initial Training Networks
Soft Robotics Journal (SoRo): meeting attendees will benefit of free online access for 30 days.
Makerable: 3D pen and plastimorph
For any question, contact: